Saturday, June 6, 2015

22-Year-Old Terminally Ill Women Rejects Donor Organ, So She Can Complete Her Bucket List

5572c1e9ac7dd


22-Year-Old Terminally Ill Women Rejects Donor Organ, So She Can Complete Her Bucket List.


Channan Petrides a 22 year old girl who suffers from cystic fibrosis, was on a donor list to receive new lungs and a new heart, however she recently took her self off the donor list in order to stay healthy enough to complete her bucket list. This has inspired millions who are sharing her posts!


5572c1ffe247c


Doctors told her that there was a chance her new organs would fail in six months, and she could even die on the operating table, so this young girl did something that many would find hard to do. She decided instead of taking the high risks, with support from her family, she decided that she would take her self off the organ list so someone with better chances could have the organs intended for her. Now while she is still healthy she is attempting to complete her bucket list!


[quote font=”arial” font_size=”13″ bgcolor=”#” color=”#” bcolor=”#” arrow=”no”]I know I’ve taken a massive risk but I want to enjoy the time I have left, rather than stick waiting to get a call that may never come.Nobody could say for sure that the transplant would work, and I wouldn’t have been able to do anything on my bucket list because of risk of infection. Cystic fibrosis feels like having a plastic bag over your head and breathing through a straw so a lot of patients who have transplants have to learn to breathe again because they aren’t used to taking in that much air. If it brought me another twenty years, of course I’d do it, but doctors told me there was a chance I’d die on the operating table or my new organs would fail after just six months.[/quote]


5572c20b59634


Due to her struggle as a baby to gain weight, and the saltiness of her skin doctors where able to diagnose her at a very early age, however this does not mean things were easy for her at all. Most people with cystic fibrosis live around 40 years old but Channan’s health started to get bad when she was just 19.


[quote font=”arial” font_size=”13″ bgcolor=”#” color=”#” bcolor=”#” arrow=”no”]I was a normal kid. I loved sport. I was captain of Little Thurrock Dynamos football team in Essex. When I got a bit older, I’d go out with friends, go to festivals – typical teenage things. I broke up with my then boyfriend when I was 19 and the stress made me lose weight. From there, I began developing chest infections and even got pneumonia and swine flu.[/quote]
5572c225bbbc7


Our Prayers and love go to Channan and her family.



22-Year-Old Terminally Ill Women Rejects Donor Organ, So She Can Complete Her Bucket List

No comments:

Post a Comment