Monday, July 6, 2015

Vicki Gunvalson Opens Up About Her Mothers Death

Incase you missed last night’s episode of the Real Housewives of Orange County, Vicki Gunvalson’s mother passed away. (Click Here For Our Episode 5 Recap) Last night’s episode was how do we say…. shockingly terrifying? Gut wrenchingly heart breaking, tear jerkingly …. horror.


After losing my own mother when I was only 23, to a twenty year battle with cancer just last year, I felt like I was reliving it again while watching RHOC…. My heart goes out to Vicki, and her family but I know that she will be okay one day. She will learn to live with this sadness, and continue her life…. it won’t be the same but she will learn to live with the pain of losing a loved one.


Vicki Gunvalson took to her Bravo TV blog this week to discuss solely her mother, and the events surrounding the day she found out about her passing. Vicki began her blog by discussing just how her mother passed away.



“My mother died on February 4, 2015 for unknown causes. We elected not to do an autopsy, and the coroner said it was either a massive heart attack or an aneurysm. She was found by my brother around 8PM at night, laying on top of her covers on her bed. If it’s “your time to go”, I can only say what a beautiful way to die. She was at peace with her golden retriever dog Maggie lying next to her. Billy said it looked like she was sleeping when he found her. ” – Vicki gunvalson


Vicki continues her blog by discuss the last time that she and her mother saw each other, she also recalled a conversation she had with her mother on her birthday. Vicki nexts discusses the feeling of losing a parent.


“It is a surreal place to be and I know some of you have already experienced losing your parent or parents. It’s an empty feeling, a lonely feeling, and one that I almost can’t even put to words.”


Vicki continues her blog by discussing her choice of words after finding out that her mother had passed, “who is going to take care of me, who is going to worry about me.” Vicki reveals that her mother had always been the one who worried about her, she explains that she once told her mother that she(Vicki) needed to die before her mother because she could never imagine what life would be like without her. Vicki continues by discussing what it was like have to watch the episode after having already lived it.


“When I watched the show, it was like I was reliving a nightmare. So much of that evening is like a big blur. When I watched Heather call Terry, telling him that my mom died and seeing her cry made me realize how sensitive Heather is and how fortunate I am to have her in my life. I will never forget one thing she told me sitting on Shannon’s circular chair in the hallway, “You are who you are because of the amazing mother you had. Not everyone is blessed to have the fond memories and the closeness you had with your mother and you must carry this on through your life and know that although she isn’t here anymore, she will always be with you.” Words that I will never forget, so thank you Heather.”


Vicki revealed that having Tamra Judge and Shannon Beador their with her made her happy, to know that she has friends who actually care for her and that feel the pain she feels. Vicki next discussed what life has been like without her mom and stresses that it is important to spent time with the people that you love because you never really know how long you have with them.


“It’s been 5 months since my mom died and there isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t want to pick up the phone to ask her a question or tell her I love her. I miss her so much, but know one day I will be with her in Heaven and at peace. I want to stress the importance of not putting off talking to or spending time with the ones you love. You never know when they will be taken from you. Thank you everyone who has reached out to me, it means more to me than you will ever know. “


What did you guys think of last nights Real Housewives of Orange County? Did it leave you guys in tears?



Vicki Gunvalson Opens Up About Her Mothers Death

No comments:

Post a Comment