Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Andy Cohen: IS The Real Housewives Is Scripted

AndyCohen


Watch What Happens Live host Andy Cohen is opening up about the Real Housewives and his career in a new interview with the Huffington Post. Cohen reveals if the Housewives shows are scripted, the biggest moments in his career and his struggles growing up knowing he was gay.


When asked if the Real Housewives is fake, Andy explained, “They’re never told what to say. But on the flip side, we’re not shooting them 24/7. So, if you and I just saw each other at a big party and there was a lot of drama, and then you and I were gonna have lunch three days later, I think it’s fair to say that one thing we’ll definitely be discussing is the party that happened. But everything else is free form. That’s the reason the housewives are so successful. You can’t make this stuff up. But we cast highly volatile, emotional, outgoing, fun, funny people. And so it’s in the casting.”


Next, Andy was asked how he makes sure a Housewife stays authentic on the show. “I think sometimes you can watch the show and think they’re just kind of fighting for their job,” Cohen says. “And if it doesn’t seem authentic to the show, then the viewers can detect B.S. and they can tell if something is not genuine. We try to cut around it or try not to make a big deal of it.”


So what has been the biggest moment in Cohen’s career? “Wow. I think it’s when Watch What Happens Live went five nights a week. And then the books being bestsellers. Those two things are very big for me,” he gushed.


Andy has also been an advocate for the LGBT community and he explains why he uses his platform to fight for LGBT rights. “I just feel like using whatever platform I have to kind of express myself and be myself is the best that I’m gonna be able to do,” he says, recalling his sleepless nights as a child worrying about his sexual orientation. “It was a time when there weren’t that many gay people on TV. Being gay seemed foreign and unacceptable. So the nights were spent thinking, ‘Wow, I know that I’m gay, and I’m not going to be able to express this side of me,’ and uh, just really kind of heartbreaking, heavy nights when I allowed myself to go there.”


The Real Housewives Is Scripted appeared first on All Things Real Housewives.



Shop Watch What Happens Live



Andy Cohen: IS The Real Housewives Is Scripted

No comments:

Post a Comment